The basic tactical rifle course is designed to introduce shooters into engaging threats in close quarter scenarios (5-50 yards). Students in this course will be taught proper stance, weapons presentation, and basic movement drills. The course will also teach students proper immediate and remedial action for weapons malfunctions as well as tactical, admin, and speed reloads. After being instructed on proper weapons manipulation in close range scenarios students will BZO weapons at 50 meters (10 rounds for students with iron sights/20 rounds for students with iron sights and optics.) If a student is comfortable with their BZO prior to attending the course they may choose to not participate in the BZO. Following the BZO a life fire evaluation of the students will be conducted to ensure each student is competent in basic tactical weapons manipulation before beginning pre-evaluation.
Pre-evaluation will consist of 4 stages. Those stages are as follows:
- Headshots- at 25, 15, and 5 yards. (7 rounds.)
- Presentation- Controlled/Hammer pairs/Failure to Stop drills at 25, 10, and 5 yards. (11 Rounds.)
- Pivots- left and right at 15, 10, and 5 yards. (18 rounds.)
- Forward movement- at 25-15, 15-10, and 10-5 yards. (14 rounds.)
Following pre-evaluation students will receive any remedial training necessary before continuing on to a graded evaluation. The graded evaluation portion will consist of headshots, presentation drills, pivots and forward movement drills and will require another 50 rounds.
Required items for students:
- Semi-automatic rifle.
- 3 magazines capable of holding 30 rounds.
- Magazine holsters (attached to belt, plate carrier, or chest rig)
- Dump Pouch.
- 300 rounds of ammunition.
- Water source (camel back preferred)
- Weather appropriate clothing.
Safety is the primary concern of our instructor. Iron City Armory reserves the right to remove anyone from the course for unsafe behavior on the range without a refund.