Businesses that forbid or discourage concealed carry.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gino Iorfida Gino Iorfida 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gino Iorfida
    Gino Iorfida
    Participant

This is probably going to come across as more of a rant, but I’m curious to hear others opinions.

First is stores that have posted “cya” no firearms policies- Cinemark and Robinson Mall. Both places do have posted policies, but it is in fine print, and you have to go out of your way to see this. These places give the impression that they are simply posting the policies as a Way to cover themselves…but if it were up to them, they would be ok with it. At least my impression.

Next are stores with the policies so obvious that you can’t miss the postings. Jared jewelry store doesn’t even want you to have a weapon in your car on their property (ironically, a jewelry store in my opinion would be one of the most likely places that you would need to be able to defend yourself!). In this category are the gun stores that are anti-carry (I.e Dicks Sporting Goods, Cabelas, Gander Mountain etc). Again, this is a place that you would not expect this, and is the reason that I will not buy guns from them. I’ll support a store that supports my right to carry.

Then there are the stores with no policy, but between their public image and average customer give the impression that if you are carrying in there, you hope that you don’t print because you know it will cause mass hysteria. I prefer to avoid these places, but sometimes it’s inevitable.

Ironically, the places that I feel the most comfortable carrying without fear of causing a riot, are the places that I’m probably least likely to need to be carrying.

Again this was more of a rant, but I’d like to hear if others views.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.